Terms of Service
Welcome to Zbox!
These Terms of Service ("Terms") apply to your use of Zbox's website, products, and services. Please read them carefully and let us know if you have any questions.
By using Zbox, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you're using Zbox on behalf of an organization, you agree to these Terms on behalf of that organization.
All content on Zbox is protected by intellectual property laws.
The files and other materials you upload to Zbox are yours and yours alone. We have no capabilities knowing any knowledge except the total size of your content. You give us permission to use that material solely to do what's necessary to provide our services, including storing, backing up and analysis. We will never disclose your content to third-parties except as otherwise required by law.
You're responsible for the content you upload to Zbox and assume all risks associated with it, including intellectual property or other legal claims. By storing content through Zbox, you represent that you have the necessary rights to that material, and that your use of Zbox doesn't conflict with any licenses you've granted to others.
You have the option to try out Zbox service on a trial basis. Please note that we don't retain content past the timeframe for these trial plans. Even if you decide to upgrade to another plan later, the content you store with us during the trial period can't be restored after the trial timeframe expires.
We don't pre-screen anyone's content. However, we have the right—but no duty—to review and remove files for any reason. We assume no liability for any content that you or anyone else stores with through Zbox. Zbox is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws.
Zbox gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software we provide you to use our service. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use Zbox as permitted by these Terms. If you violate these Terms, we may terminate this license.
All rights to Zbox, except third-party content, are the exclusive property of Zbox and its licensors. Nothing in these Terms authorizes you to use any of Zbox trademarks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive brand features, except as otherwise permitted by law.
We strive to maintain a great service. To that end, Zbox requires you to respect these limitations, and we may terminate your account if you don't follow them.
- Don't use Zbox in a manner that violates any laws, regulations, ordinances, or directives.
- Don't use Zbox contrary to our policies.
- Don't use Zbox to do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person's privacy.
- Don't interfere with the proper functioning of any software, hardware, or equipment on Zbox.
- Don't engage in any conduct that inhibits anyone else's use or enjoyment of our services, or which we determine may harm Zbox or our users.
- Don't monitor or copy any material on Zbox, either manually or through automated means (i.e., scraping), without prior written consent.
- Please don't use Zbox if you're a minor.
We're always working to improve Zbox and make our services better, so we do reserve some rights. In our sole discretion, we may, at any time—with or without notice—change, eliminate or restrict access to our services, and modify, suspend, or terminate a user account. Zbox is not liable for any damages as a result of these actions.
Other Sites and Services
Zbox contains links to websites and services that we neither own nor control. We don't endorse or assume responsibility for any third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services.
We take the security of Zbox very seriously. We work to protect your content and account, but we can't 100% guarantee that third parties won't be able to defeat our security measures. Please let us know immediately if you discover any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
Where appropriate, Zbox may warn and suspend repeat copyright infringers. In more serious cases, we may permanently terminate user accounts.
Section 512 of the DMCA sets out the legal requirements to formally report copyright infringement to a service provider like Zbox. It also explains how the person who posted the content can oppose a notice of alleged infringement by submitting a counter-notice.
Please think carefully before sending us a copyright notice or counter-notice, because the DMCA imposes legal and financial penalties for making fraudulent or bad-faith claims. If you aren't sure whether you're the actual copyright holder or if you're authorized to act on a rights holder's behalf, check with an attorney before submitting a copyright notice or counter-notice to us.
Copyright Infringement Notice Procedure.
To send us a notice concerning copyright infringement, you'll need to provide the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf (typing your full name will do);
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (e.g., a copy of or link to your original work or clear description of the materials allegedly being infringed);
- Identification of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on our services (e.g., a URL where the allegedly infringing material is located);
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address;
- Date you are sending the notice.
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material in the manner asserted is not authorized by the copyright owner , its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You can report alleged copyright infringement by emailing the above information to email@example.com.
Our response to notices of alleged copyright infringement may include removing or restricting access to allegedly infringing material. If we remove or restrict access to content in response to a copyright notice, we'll make a good-faith effort to get in touch with the affected account holder to provide information about the situation, including a copy of the takedown notice and instructions for filing a counter-notification.
Copyright Infringement Counter-Notice Procedure. If you get a message from us about a DMCA complaint, it means that the content identified in the notice has been removed from Zbox or access to the content has been restricted.
Please read our message carefully, because it'll include information about the copyright notice we received and instructions about how to file a counter-notice.
Note: If you re-post material removed in response to a DMCA notification, we may permanently suspend your account. If you believe content was removed in error, please consider filing a counter-notice instead of re-posting the material.
If you receive a DMCA notification about material you've posted and you believe that material was misidentified or removed in error, you can file a counter-notice by following the instructions below.
To submit a counter-notice, please send us the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature (typing your full name will do);
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the URL at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (the description from the DMCA notice is enough);
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Zbox may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the copyright notification or an agent of such person.
To submit a counter-notice, please respond to our original email letting you know about the removal, and include the above information in the body of your reply.
When we receive a valid counter-notice, we'll promptly forward a copy to the person who sent us the copyright notice. If we aren't told within 10 business days that the original reporter is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the material, we may replace or cease disabling access to the material that was removed.
Zbox is only for users 13 years old and older. If we learn a child under 13 is using our service, we'll terminate the child's account.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent allowed by law, Zbox shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly , or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses resulting from (A) your access to, use of, inability to access, or inability to use Zbox; (B) any third-party conduct or content on Zbox; or (C) any unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content.
(Some countries don't allow these limitations, so this provision might not apply to you.)
No waiver of any provision of these Terms shall be a further or continuing waiver of that term. Zbox's failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
The Terms may be modified from time to time. The date of the most recent revisions will always be at https://zbox.io/terms, and older versions will be archived at zbox.io. If we make changes that we believe will substantially alter your rights, we will post the revisions 7 days before they take effect so you can review them. You'll agree to accept any changes or revisions to the Terms by continuing to use Zbox.
We welcome all questions, concerns, and feedback you might have about these terms. If you have suggestions for us, please contact us.